Friday, August 5, 2011

Ignite your Twin Flame

"Ignite your Twin Flame"

For most of my life, relationships involving the opposite sex have been a sensitive subject. I used to suffer from a speech impediment so the idea of approaching a girl sent shivers up my spine. Although I rarely stutter anymore, it deeply affected my self-esteem

In college I experimented with drugs and alcohol which gave me a false sense of confidence. Despite the toxins merely acted as a mask, I found this temporary feeling of self acceptance relieving. As I sought refuge in these substances I began to rely on harmful activities more and more.

It wasn’t until I got clean that I realized how much it had affected my state of being. I began reading books on positive thinking, meditating and really focusing on being aware of myself. I started a “soulmate” list and wrote all the qualities that I wanted from a woman. This included physical, sexual, emotional and most importantly spiritual traits. I also tried my very hardest to accept the present situation and move on from all past relationships. It was through this spiritual practice that I had an epiphany. Contrary to the cultural norm that is embedded into our psyche, the man does not have to pursue the woman. If you are embodying love and the qualities that you want to attract, the right person will appear.

In the winter of 2010 I decided to serve my community. I had never volunteered before and I wanted to develop selflessness. Through an online agency, I signed up for an organization that helps teach at risk youth photography. The moment I met the director of the organization I felt an instant connection with her. She would later introduce me to another female volunteer. The woman who would soon become my girlfriend has been with me for a year and a half and counting. She is the love of my life and I could not ask for more.

You do not have to read books on how to be a ladies man or how to meet the right guy. Just cultivate love and kindness and be specific on what you really want. Make daily affirmations, visualize and tell the universe that you are a person deserving of love. If you are persistent and patient you may kindle the fire for your twin flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment